NEW! Poly Absurdities Monthly
Just for Fun
What is Polyamory?
Polyamory for the Practical
Contributed by Andrea
- Polyamory means not expecting one individual to meet all of your
needs.... so therefore if we just have sex together, and don't have
do anything else, we are polyamorous.
Polyamory means being honest, therefore, if I'm honest about how
little you mean to me, we are polyamorous.
- Polyamory means acknowledging that most relationships end, so
let's not talk about relationships, okay?
- A balanced sleeping schedule is too constraining and artificial,
so let's just see each other when it's convenient for me.
- Polyamory requires communication. Therefore, if I define the
word "secondary" as I see fit, and communicate using my definition,
we are polyamorous.
- Since we can't tell if we are sexually compatible until after we
have sex, we can't establish a relationship until then.
- Love is not a finite quantity, would you like a demonstration?
- If you are sex-positive, you shouldn't discriminate.
- Loving more than one person is a choice that can exponentially
expand my organ.
- You need to respect my boundaries; why should I tell you my last
- You are responsible for your own feelings, therefore, I can say
anything in any fashion to you without apology.
- Sexual intimacy is intimacy, right?
If you're actually a member of a group marriage, you can join this list. Most
of us find it refreshing to be able to discuss poly issues with people who
"live the dream" as it were. You don't actually have to be a member of a poly
marriage to join, but most members are.